Stephen Ministry is grounded in Jesus’ command to love one another. Through one-to-one caring relationships, those who are hurting receive the love and care they need to support them. Everyone goes through difficult times. Having someone to care, to listen, to share God’s love with you can help you get through the confusion, stress, or loneliness you may be experiencing.
A Stephen Minister is…
- a child of God who walks beside a hurting person;
- a caring Christian friend who really listens;
- a lay person who has received 50 hours of training in how to provide distinctively Christian care.
A Stephen Minister is NOT…
- a counselor or therapist; a problem solver; or a casual visitor.
Stephen Ministry helps meet the needs of individuals who are…
- hospitalized, chronically or terminally ill
- in a job crisis
- disabled or homebound
- in a spiritual crisis or lonely
Consider allowing a Stephen Minister to walk with you on your journey to wholeness. For more information contact Rev. Stephens Lytch through the church office at 755-6222, or Jan Witzke — Stephen Leader.
Click here (http://www.stephenministries.org) to find out more about Stephen Ministries